MACCHERONI with SPICY VODKA SAUCE
1 small Onion, peeled and very finely diced
1 clove of Garlic, peeled and minced fine
3 tablespoons Butter
1 smal can Tomato Paste
2 tablespoons Calabrian Chili Paste, or (Sriracha may be substituted)
6 tablespoons Vodka
3/4 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 teaspoon each of Salt and ground Black Pepper
3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 pound Penne or other short Imported Italian Maccheroni Pasta (Rigatoni)
1. Add half the butter, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes on low heat. Add the tomato paste and Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
2. Add Vodka to a seperate pan and cook for 3 minutes on high heat.
3. Add the Chili Paste and Heavy Cream to pan with the Tomato Sauce.
4. Cook on medium heat for 6 minutes.
5. Cook the pasta in boing salted water for 10 minutes
6. Drain the pasta in a colander. Return the pasta back to the pot it cooked in.
7. Add remaining Butter to the pasta and mix. Add the Vodka Sauce and mix.
8. Add half the grated cheese and mix the pasta.
9. Portion on plates in equal protions. Serve with grated cheese & Red Pepper Flakes on the side.